Periodontal disease, commonly called gum disease, is inflammation or infection of the gums. For the most part, it is preventable by brushing and flossing at home twice each day, and see the dentist at Durham Dental Group for regular checkups.
Gum disease condition is so omnipresent in the US that it has been called a ‘health crisis’ by the American Dental Association. Fortunately, periodontal disease can be treated.
- If left untreated, it can cause irreversible damage such as tooth loss.
- Practicing proper dental hygiene and having 6-month dental exams are the best way to prevent periodontal disease.
- Periodontal disease can be present where there is no tooth decay.
- Almost half of all 30+ adults in the US have periodontal disease.
- In some cases, periodontal disease produces no noticeable symptoms.
Even if you have an excellent dental health regimen at home, we strongly recommend seeing us at Durham Dental Group for a cleaning and checkup twice a year. It’s the best way to ensure good dental health. We offer general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Durham Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):