Hearing that you have gum disease can be upsetting. Here at Durham Dental Group, we are committed to educating and assisting patients in preventing gum disease. If you discover that you already have gum disease, don’t despair. We can help.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen, tender gums
- Receding gums
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Loose adult teeth
- Sensitive teeth
Whether you are just being diagnosed, working to undo problems of the past, or trying to avert gum disease for the future, we can help.
Steps for Healing or Preventing Gum Disease
- Brush at least two times a day—morning and night
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss at least once a day
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings
- Use a fluoride rinse before brushing
- Avoid between-meal snacking
- Avoid tobacco products
Solutions for Correcting Serious Gum Disease
- Root planing
Gum disease has a way of sneaking up on you. Regular check-ups and daily oral hygiene is the key to preventing it. At Durham Dental Group, gum disease prevention and treatment is central to what we do. Schedule your next cleaning and checkup today! Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry.
Contact Durham Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):